There are a number of ways to be involved with and support Hospice and Palliative Care of the Wood River Valley.
Volunteer: "To enrich your own life and contribute to the lives of others — consider being a Hospice volunteer".
Direct patient care (our greatest need)
(20 hours of training, background check and commitment of 4hr/week)
- Providing respite
- Running errands
- Light meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Office (mailings, answering phones, special projects)
- Camp Counselors for our bereavement camp for children
- Garden — help keep our flower beds and outside pots looking great
- Events — Health Fairs — Memorial Tree
- Bakers — bake cookies/breads/soups etc. for events, patients, trainings
- Special skills/talents — art, music, massage therapy, animals
- Veterans (all branches of the military)— to listen to stories of service from vets who are hospice patients.
HPCWRV is a 501(c)3 organization and welcomes donations in any amount to support our programs. Contributions may be made by check, cash or credit card. We also accept donations of securities.
You may wish to make your donation "In Memory" of a friend or loved one.
You might want to consider giving a "Tribute Gift" to someone to honor a birthday, anniversary, wedding or other special occasion.
At the holiday time, individuals and employers frequently choose to make a donation to hospice in lieu to a gift to employees, business associates or others who appreciate helping others during the season.
You may also be interested in naming Hospice and Palliative Care in your Will, or in a Charitable Remainder Trust.
Please send donation to:
Hospice & Palliative Care of the Wood River Valley
PO Box 4320
Ketchum ID 83340
or call the office 208.726.8464